I just incorporated my real estate business, what is next?

Now that you have incorporated, you as a director of the corporation are responsible for ensuring that the following requirements have been met:

  • Filing a year-end corporate tax return (T2)
  • Preparing year-end financial statements (Balance Sheet & Income Statement)
  • Remitting source deductions to CRA (CPP, EI,Income Tax) for salary draws
  • Filing T4/T5 information returns   

Why do I need a set of financial statements prepared? 

Every corporation filing a year-end tax return (T2) in Canada is required to produce a set of financial statements for the fiscal period that includes a Balance Sheet and Income Statement. Failure to do so can result in penalties, interest charges, and CRA tax assessments based on their estimate of your corporation’s income.

How can a CPA help my real estate business?

Now that your business can take advantage of the tax deferral benefits of incorporating, it is important to leverage the expertise of a CPA to help create a payout structure and tax plan that will minimize your annual tax expense, satisfy personal spending requirements, and help you build your desired financial future.  


Tell us what you're looking for, and connect with us over a call.

©2024 TR Tax & Accounting. All Rights Reserved.